- Maintaining Users’ Anonymity
- For all posting and commenting on Maya, the default option will always be to keep the user ID as anonymous. The screen ID will be shown only if the user selects this option.
- Information of Visitor’s
- You can visit our website Maya.com.bd at any time without providing any information of your identity or providing information about yourself.
- Maya web servers only register or gather the domain name (IP address), browser and session information and not in any circumstances gather email address or personal name of visitors.
- Maya exercises this information to analyze the use of our website to continuously improve its quality, monitor and prevent fraud and abuse, help shaping privileges and provide more location and topic relevance in content, persons and advertisements.
- Gathering of personal information
- Maya gathers or accumulates personal information only when you register with us or actively involve yourself in our services.
- Maya may accumulate information about your dealings with us or with our business partners if and when you use any of our web services.
- For situations where Maya needs to communicate with you, Maya may contact you to request personal information or feedback from you.
- The Maya sites,, i.e Website (www.maya.com.bd), Maya m-site (m.maya.com.bd) products and services use personal information for the following purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, recommendations, billing and anonymous reporting.
- Maya is very careful and well aware of the importance of the security of the user’s information. That’s why all personal information and all user information dwell behind a firewall, with access controlled to, authorized Maya personnel only.
- You can set your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or you can also block cookies if you want but this will prevent us from identifying you and you may not be able to take full advantage of all our services.
- Asking you to re-enter your password after a session time is out for security reasons.
- Keeping track of your settings.
- Analyses the size and traffic of all usage.
- Improve our products and services.
- Ensure that visitors are not shown the same advertisement and to customize advertising based on browser type and user habit information.
- Display user profile and related service feeds through profile widget. Maya’s cookies are not shared with our business partners in no condition or situation.
- Links to other sites
- Maya web site may contain links to other websites and is therefore not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites.
- Disclosure of information:
- When you submit personal information through Maya you are sharing your personal information with Maya and its affiliated entities, which use is covered by this policy. Though information is not shared with unrelated third parties, Maya may display for you targeted advertisements based on personal information and usage habits. Maya may use or share your personal information where it is necessary to complete a transaction, to operate or improve the Maya products and services, to do something that you have asked us to do, or tell you of products and services that Maya thinks may be of your interest.
- If you contribute willingly in any of our sponsor’s activities, clearly stating the name of the third party, the information you provide may be shared with them. Maya preserve the right to contact you with certain communication related to our products and services, such as service announcements, administrative messages, newsletters and emails without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- Maya accumulate user-submitted account information such as name, email address, mobile number and present address to identify users and send notifications related to the use of the service.
- Maya also collects user-submitted profile information, including additional contact information, location, biographical information. This additional profile information will assist other users in finding and communicating with you.
- Maya will store your user data in a central profile to be used by Maya site and will display your name, if any, along with your submitted content and on your personal pages.
- Maya will display your personal information on your personal pages according to the preferences you set in your account.
- Maya will also allow users to search for you and products produced by you, according to the preferences you set in your account.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unwanted messages from other parties in return.
- If you post personal information of others on Maya.com, this content may be deleted and your account terminated.
- Maya may share personal information about you under the following circumstances:
- Maya may share your personal information to react to written police requests, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if deemed necessary by us to comply with emergency powers or in such circumstances disclosure is appropriate.
- Internet security
- Maya is not in a position to guarantee a 100% secure data transmission over the internet.
- Maya can’t ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. When Maya receives your transmission, Maya makes best effort to ensure security on our systems.
- Choice to opt-out of Communication
- Maya provides its visitors with the ability to opt-out of receiving communication from Maya at the point where information about the visitor is requested. Maya asserts you the option to get personal information changed or deleted from our database.
- This can be done from your profile page in any time. Any issue regarding your privacy concern regarding the use of Maya’s services will be taken very seriously and you will be contacted upon us receiving your concern.
- In a few cases, honoring such requests may make it difficult for us to provide you a good service and may in worst case require us to terminate our relationship with you.
- Revision and updates
Maya Apa App
Collecting User Information:
- When you download maya apa app you will be asked to provide us with your name, email or phone number and allow us access to your mobile device’s address book
- A copy of the phone numbers and names in your address book (but not emails, notes or any other Personal Information in your address book) will only be used to: Request your contacts on your address book to download Maya Apa Android App if they wish to.
- The copy of your address book (names and phones) is stored on a live database. This database does not have a “historical backup”. If you delete the address book from our servers (more about this below), it will be deleted instantly and permanently.
- Maya Apa may interact with your phone’s SMS inbox history for the sole purpose of sending invites to download the app, reading the contents of the activation SMS sent to you by Maya Apa. WE WILL NOT ACCESS THE CONTENTS OF ANY OTHER SMS.
- Maya Apa uses Google Analytics to help us anonymously track and report user/visitor behavior information and users’ standard log information to the Site and the App. This information (including but not limited to: IP address, data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and information processing) helps us analyze and evaluate how the App and Site are used as part of our ongoing efforts to improve the Site and App’s features and services.
- For more information about the terms that govern Google Analytics, please visit the Google Analytics terms of service.
- We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personal Information of visitors or users. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a device user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- We do not rent, sell, or share any information about our users with any third-parties, except as specifically described herein. We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law, or legal process served on us;
- protect and defend our rights or property (including the enforcement of our agreements); or
- act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our Service or members of the public.
The following is a description of how we may share your Personal Information with trusted third party partners. Should we add additional partners, we will immediately update this description:
- We use third party companies in order to send you an authentication SMS when you register with Maya Apa. In order to send you the SMS, we send one of these third party companies your phone number and the authentication message. These third parties are contractually obligated to only use your phone number for the transmission of the authentication SMS.
- If we fail to send you an SMS (this happens in certain cases) you may ask us resend the sms code on the phone.
- We may use Push Notification Services to notify you about various events related to the app. If we do, the phone number or the name of the person calling you or sending you a message may be part of the notification. This message is sent to the push notification service provider, for delivery to your device.
- Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, the Maya Apa servers that are used to store your Personal Information are owned and hosted by Amazon Web Services, LLC, an Amazon.com Company. You can read more about measures taken by Amazon to protect the security of their servers and your Personal Information here: http://awsmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/pdf/AWS_Security_Whitepaper.pdf
- We may disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance that disclosure of information is necessary.
- We may from time to time ask you to provide information about your experiences, which will be used to measure and improve quality. You are at no time under any obligation to provide any of such data. Any and all information which is voluntarily submitted in feedback forms on the Site or any survey that you accept to take part in is used for the purposes of reviewing this feedback and improving the Maya Apa software, products and websites.
- We may contact you to send you messages about faults and service issues. Furthermore, we reserve the right to use email, the Maya Apa software or SMS to notify you of any eventual claims related to your use of our software, websites and/or products, including without limitation claims of violation of third party rights.
- We may send you alerts via the Maya Apa software to notify you when someone has tried to contact you. We may also use the Maya Apa software to keep you up to date with news about our software and products that you have purchased and/or to inform you about other Maya Apa products and related information.
Maya Apa websites and software clients are not intended for or designed to attract anyone under the age of 13 and we do not intentionally or knowingly collect Personal Information on our sites from anyone under the age of 13 (or older in some jurisdictions). We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children to ensure that no information is collected from a child without parental permission.
We take reasonable precaution to protect Personal Information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access. Although we cannot guarantee that Personal Information will not be subject to unauthorized access, we have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in place to protect Personal Information. Personal Information is stored on our servers and protected by secured networks to which access is limited to a few authorized employees and personnel. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Changes to Policy
From time to time, we may revise this Policy. We reserve the right to update or modify this Policy, or any other of our policies or practices, at any time with or without notice. However, we will not use your Personal Information in a way that is materially different than the uses described in this Policy without giving you an opportunity to opt-out of such differing uses. We will post the revised Policy on the Site, so that users can always be aware of what information we collect, how the information is used and under what circumstances such information may be disclosed. You agree to review the Policy periodically so that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the Site indicates your assent to any changes and signifies your agreement to the terms of our Policy. If you do not agree with these terms, you should not use the Site, the Maya Apa App, or any other Service.
Change or Removal of Information
If you provided your e-mail address to us and wish to update it, you may do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.If you have additional concerns and/or requests, you can contact Maya Apa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct all questions in connection with this Policy via e-mail to email@example.com