Sleeplessness and Feeling Tired484
Late in pregnancy it can be difficult to get a good night’s sleep. It can be uncomfortable lying down or, just when you get comfortable, you have to get up to go to the toilet. Some women have strange dreams or nightmares about the baby and about the birth. Talking about them can help you. Just because you dream something, it doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. Relaxation and breathing techniques may be helpful.
If you aren’t sleeping well
- try not to let it bother you, and don’t worry that it will harm your baby - it won’t
- it might be more comfortable to lie on one side with a pillow under your tummy and another between your knees.
- relaxation techniques, or you could borrow a relaxation tape, CD or DVD from your library, or Google it.
- Exercise can help you to feel less tired, so even if you’re feeling tired during the day try to get some activity, such as a walk at lunchtime.
- talk to your partner, a friend, doctor
Find out more about preventing insomnia, including daytime habits such as exercising, and bedtime habits such as avoiding caffeine, alcohol and smoking. Let go of all worries and enjoy your pregnancy.
Occasional sleeplessness, when accompanied by other symptoms, such as feeling hopeless and losing interest in the things you used to enjoy, can be a sign of depression. If you have any of the other symptoms of depression, speak to your doctor. There is treatment that can help.
Find out more about mental health problems in pregnancy.
Photo Source : http://www.parentingnation.in/Pregnancy/tiredness-and-fatigue-during-pregnancy_896