Learn about the practical advantages of breastfeeding, and discover the truth behind the myths
Health benefits for your baby
Find out how breastfeeding can have health benefits for your baby
Health benefits for you
An overview of the health benefits for mums who breastfeed
Information and advice to help you with breastfeeding, including what to expect in the first week, getting the position and attachment right, how to know if your baby's getting enough milk, and expressing your breast milk.
a) Skin-to-skin contact
b) What to expect in the first few days
c) Positioning and attachment
d) Overcoming common problems
e) Common breastfeeding questions
f) Is my baby getting enough milk?
g) Expressing your breast milk
h) Feeding twins and multiples
i) Premature babies
j) Combining breast and bottle feeding
k) Teenage mums and breastfeeding
l) Introducing solid foods (weaning)
Breastfeeding in public
Tips on breastfeeding in front of others when you're out and about.
Eating and drinking healthily
Information on a healthy diet, and food and drinks to avoid while you're breastfeeding.
The effects of smoking
How smoking can affect your little one, plus help and advice on quitting smoking.
Medicines and breastfeeding
Which medicines are suitable while you're breastfeeding, and what to avoid.
Returning to college or work
Information on going back to work or college when you're breastfeeding.
- How Dads can Help
- Nurses, Health Visitors and Peer Support
- Why Breastfeed?
- Health Benefits for Your Baby
- Health Benefits for You
- Skin-to-Skin Contact
- What to Expect in the First Few Days
- Positioning and Attachment
- Common Breastfeeding Problems
- Common Breastfeeding Questions
- Is My Baby Getting Enough Milk?
- Expressing Your Breast Milk
- Feeding Twins and Multiples
- Breastfeeding in Public
- Premature Babies
- Teenage Mums and Breastfeeding
- Eating and Drinking Healthily
- The Effects of Smoking
- Medicines and Breastfeeding
- Returning to College or Work